From: Christoph Hellwig on

Not sure what the rules for new tracepoints are, but in addition to the
fixes I'd really love to see the tracepoints in 2.6.35.

From: Dave Chinner on
On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 03:49:38AM -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> Not sure what the rules for new tracepoints are, but in addition to the
> fixes I'd really love to see the tracepoints in 2.6.35.

Personally I think they are just as important (or even more
important) than the bug fixes because we seem to break this code
regularly because nobody can clearly see what the internals are
doing to verify their change is working correctly.

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner
david(a)fromorbit.com
From: Christoph Hellwig on
On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 10:11:15AM +1000, Dave Chinner wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 03:49:38AM -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> >
> > Not sure what the rules for new tracepoints are, but in addition to the
> > fixes I'd really love to see the tracepoints in 2.6.35.
>
> Personally I think they are just as important (or even more
> important) than the bug fixes because we seem to break this code
> regularly because nobody can clearly see what the internals are
> doing to verify their change is working correctly.

Given that Linus is pretty strict about only taking regression fixes
I'd rather get the regression fix in and miss out on the tracing until
the next merge window then missing out on everything.