From: Nick Piggin on
On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 10:38:01AM +1000, Dave Chinner wrote:
> Hi Linus,
>
> Can you please consider this patch series for 2.6.35? If you don't
> want the tracing at this stage of the release process, I can redo
> the series with just the bug fixes. However, given the regularity
> with which we break the writeback code in subtle ways, the tracing
> is probably just as important as the bug fixes.

Oh, I don't have a problem with your EOF fix being merged now, as Jan's
patch isn't suitable for 2.6.35.

From: Linus Torvalds on

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Dave Chinner wrote:

> Can you please consider this patch series for 2.6.35?

Yeah, no. See the several lkml discussions and the -rc2 announcement about
how I do _not_ intend to merge anything even remotely "new code" this time
around.

So purely regression fixes and serious bugfixes (oopses/security issues).

Kubys
From: Andrew Morton on
On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:41:28 -0700 (PDT) Linus Torvalds <torvalds(a)linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Dave Chinner wrote:
> >
> > Can you please consider this patch series for 2.6.35?
>
> Yeah, no. See the several lkml discussions and the -rc2 announcement about
> how I do _not_ intend to merge anything even remotely "new code" this time
> around.
>
> So purely regression fixes and serious bugfixes (oopses/security issues).

Linus would have merged it.

> Kubys

But his evil twin got ahold of the keyboard.
From: Dave Chinner on
On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 10:41:28AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Dave Chinner wrote:
> >
> > Can you please consider this patch series for 2.6.35?
>
> Yeah, no. See the several lkml discussions and the -rc2 announcement about
> how I do _not_ intend to merge anything even remotely "new code" this time
> around.
>
> So purely regression fixes and serious bugfixes (oopses/security issues).

No worries, I'll re-order the series and send you just the bug
fixes later this morning.

Cheers,

Dave.
--