From: Manfred on
First, I wish /// Marry Christmas And Happy New Year 2007 \\\ for all
wxWidgets user.

I use wxWidgets 2.6.3 in MWS and OSX, with VC 7 and XCODE 2.3

I work with plug-in, VSTi in this case, my app can be a host, in MSW I open
the dll and give a PTR (handle) of the window created in wxWidget, the
plug-in use the handle to show this editor (GUI), no problem in MSW but, OSX
with wxMac nothing appear and event crash (depend of the Plug-in)

The wxWindow handle is a wxPanel (inside a top-level window, contenair of
the plug-in),

I try also to use direcly a TopLevelWindow like wxFrame
code for MSW and MAC the same.

EffDispatch(effEditOpen, 0, 0, ptr /* the handle of wxWindow */ )

Any one has resolved this problem or have had ?
(open the GUI of a plugin in OSX with wxMac)

Tank for any help
Manfred

From: Manfred Hanke on
Yes ... I use this on MSW, give the HWND to FX, and the GUI of the plugin,
is open right on the wxWindow but in wxMac, that is not woking !

If I create a window with "CreateNewWindow" (carbon api) and give the
windowRef to the plugin this is OK and work,
but from a wxPanel (GetHandle() ) that not work..

From: "Stefan Csomor" on
Hi

Sorry, I first missed what the real issue was in this thread

On mac top-level windows are totally different (WindowRef) from controls (ControlRef / HIViewRef (these types are interchangeable)), a GetHandle() always returns a ControlRef, either for a sub control or for the background panel of the top-level window.

If you want a WindowRef from a toplevel window frame / dialog you need to call MacGetWindowRef on that instance or MacGetTopLevelWindowRef() on any sub window

Best,

Stefan

From: ost12666 on
I did it on Windows (wxVstEditor) but not on the Mac and I read on some
KVR thread it is not easy on the Mac. These guys did it for PC and Mac,
if you fail maybe you can ask them : http://www.plogue.com/