From: Tilen Jez on
Hi,

wxScrolledWindow::DoPrepareDC() does not properly "prepare" the y-
coordinate of the scrolled position in wxMac 2.8.0. The x-coordinate
is set properly. Also, wxMac 2.6.3 works as expected.

Given that the scrollbars are moved from the default position, the
following will draw a circle at the correct (scrolled) x-coordinate
and not correct (device coordinate) y-coordinate position on wxMac
(it behaves as expected under wxMSW):

wxClientDC dc(wxGetApp().scrolledWindow);
wxGetApp().scrolledWindow->DoPrepareDC(dc);
dc.DrawCircle(100, 100, 50);

However the following will work correctly on both platforms:

wxClientDC dc(wxGetApp().scrolledWindow);
scrolledWindow->CalcScrolledPosition(100, 100, &x, &y);
dc.DrawCircle(x, y, 50);

Can I safely use CalcScrolledPosition() and not bother with
DoPrepareDC() at all on all platforms, or are there more things to
take care of in scrolled position?

Best Regards,
Tilen

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: "Stefan Csomor" on
Hi

It would be best not to use wxClientDC but wxPaintDC anyway, but I'll
check whether I can fix things with a wxClientDC as well, I had to
resort to a deferred creation that only happens at the moment you first
draw on a wxClientDC, because it is a expensive operation such an
out-of-order draw, so I guess the transformation matrix wasn't up to
date. Is this a 2.8.0 download or does it also happen with CVS HEAD ?

Thanks,

Stefan

From: Tilen Jez on
Hi,

Thanks for looking into this.

I have tried this with 2.8.0 download and 2.8.1 download dated
January 9th, but not with CVS HEAD. I would like to stick to the
stable release if at all possible.

Best Regards,
Tilen

From: "Stefan Csomor" on
Hi Tilen

Yes, WX_2_8_BRANCH has been created after the 2.8.1 drop

Best,

Stefan

From: Tilen Jez on
Hi Stefan,

Just to let you know that the same problem is present in CVS HEAD.

Best Regards,
Tilen