From: "John Edwards" on
Dear all,

I have tried rebuilding one of my applications under Linux but I get
"undefined reference" messages for wxSplashScreen. I know that
wxSplashScreen is part of the advanced library so I have included the
following lines in my bakefile.

<wx-lib>core</wx-lib>
<wx-lib>net</wx-lib>
<wx-lib>base</wx-lib>
<wx-lib>adv</wx-lib>

The application builds correctly under Windows and also under Linux with
2.6.3.

Please can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong under Linux ?

Thanks very much for your help.

John

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Francesco Montorsi on
John Edwards ha scritto:
> Dear all,
>
> I have tried rebuilding one of my applications under Linux but I get
> "undefined reference" messages for wxSplashScreen. I know that
> wxSplashScreen is part of the advanced library so I have included the
> following lines in my bakefile.
>
> <wx-lib>core</wx-lib>
> <wx-lib>net</wx-lib>
> <wx-lib>base</wx-lib>
> <wx-lib>adv</wx-lib>
>
> The application builds correctly under Windows and also under Linux with
> 2.6.3.
>
> Please can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong under Linux ?
on linux the order of the libraries given to the linker is important.
You should write in your bakefile:

<wx-lib>adv</wx-lib>
<wx-lib>net</wx-lib>
<wx-lib>core</wx-lib>
<wx-lib>base</wx-lib>

remember that base lib must _always_ be the last library used with
wx-lib tag.

HTH,
Francesco

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: "John Edwards" on
Hi Francesco,

That was indeed the problem.

Best regards,