From: "Mark L. Wise" on
Hello all!

I am in the process of writing an application in wxWidgets that will
need to run on both Windows and Linux.

I need to open and read/write ascii data to serial I/O ports (COM1 and
COM2 in windows, /dev/ttyS0, ... in Linux).

1) Does anyone have any information regarding how to program serial
ports in both of these environments, and
2) are there any classes in wxWidgets that can help make this code portable?

TIA,

Mark

--
Mark L. Wise

Alpha II Service, Inc.
1312 Epworth Ave
Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068-2116
USA

Office: (614) 868-5033
Fax: (614) 868-1060
Email: mark(a)alpha2.com
WEB: www.alpha2.com

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Jim Battle on
On Jan 3, 4:29 pm, m...(a)alpha2.com ("Mark L. Wise") wrote:
> I need to open and read/write ascii data to serial I/O ports (COM1 and
> COM2 in windows, /dev/ttyS0, ... in Linux).
>
> 1) Does anyone have any information regarding how to program serial
> ports in both of these environments, and
> 2) are there any classes in wxWidgets that can help make this code portable?

Mark,

I think the canonical answer is

http://www.iftools.com/ctb.en.html
http://wxcode.sourceforge.net/showcomp.php?name=wxCtb