From: Clemens Ladisch on
Frank Schaefer wrote:
> Any comments on this patch ?

Gmail ate your tabs; see Documentation/email-clients.txt.

Cosmetic changes to not belong in the stable tree; see
Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt.

> Wrong list ?

arch/x86 stuff should go to <x86(a)kernel.org>.

Regards,
Clemens
From: Frank Schaefer on
Clemens Ladisch schrieb:
> Frank Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Any comments on this patch ?
>>
> Gmail ate your tabs; see Documentation/email-clients.txt.

Thanks for your reply Clemens.
It wasn't Gmails fault, I made a pasting mistake...sorry.
> Cosmetic changes to not belong in the stable tree; see
> Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt.

Alright, no Cc stable.
>> Wrong list ?
>>

> arch/x86 stuff should go to <x86(a)kernel.org>.
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

The get-maintainer-script told me to send it to this list. Shouldn't it
be updated then ?
Also: this list seems to be mentioned nowhere, at least not at

http://www.linux.org/docs/lists.html
http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html

Regards,
Frank
From: Clemens Ladisch on
Frank Schaefer wrote:
> Clemens Ladisch schrieb:
> > arch/x86 stuff should go to <x86(a)kernel.org>.
>
> The get-maintainer-script told me to send it to this list. Shouldn't it
> be updated then ?

There seems to be a bug when handling patches; try "get_maintainer.pl
-f arch/x86/kernel/quirks.c".

> Also: this list seems to be mentioned nowhere,

It's mentioned in the MAINTAINERS file.

Regards,
Clemens