From: "Vishal Arora" on

Hi

Does anyone has an idea how xlogdump works with Windows installation of
Postgres.
I have postgres 8.2.x installed on my windows PC.

How do we install it on Linux box with existing postgres 8.2.x installation

Thanks

Vishal

Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more�.then map the best route!

From: "Vishal Arora" on
I am getting a following error while make install for xlogdump -

[root(a)localhost xlogdump]# make install
gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing xlogdump.o
..../../src/port/sprompt.o ../../src/backend/utils/hash/pg_crc.o
-L../../src/port -lpgport -L../../src/interfaces/libpq -lpq -L../../src/port
-Wl,-rpath,'/usr/local/pgsql/lib' -lpgport -lz -lreadline -ltermcap
-lcrypt -ldl -lm -o xlogdumpxlogdump.o(.text+0x163f): In function
`dumpXLog':
: undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xlogdump] Error 1

Please anyone can help in the same

>From: "Vishal Arora" <aroravishal22(a)hotmail.com>
>To: pgsql-hackers(a)postgresql.org
>Subject: [HACKERS] xlogViewer / xlogdump
>Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 08:54:07 +0000
>

>Hi
>
>Does anyone has an idea how xlogdump works with Windows installation of
>Postgres.
>I have postgres 8.2.x installed on my windows PC.
>

>Thanks
>
>Vishal

>Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more�.then map the best route!
>http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag1&FORM=MGAC01

>TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

simple tips.
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline

From: "Jonah H. Harris" on
On 3/2/07, Vishal Arora <aroravishal22(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting a following error while make install for xlogdump -

For some reason, Diogo kept his already-built code in there, so you
need to do a make clean && make install

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation | fax: 732.331.1301

http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate