From: Andre on
sql 2008 enterprise

I'm getting the following message from a user that needs access to
xp_cmdshell. I "think" I've properly created a proxy account and assigned
it to the user, but I'm not 100% sure. Are there step-by-step directions
for setting this up, or can someone help with this error? xp_cmdshell is
enabled and works fine for 'sa'.

Msg 15153, Level 16, State 1, Procedure xp_cmdshell, Line 1
The xp_cmdshell proxy account information cannot be retrieved or is invalid.
Verify that the '##xp_cmdshell_proxy_account##' credential exists and
contains valid information.

Thanks, Andre

From: John Bell on

"Andre" <no(a)spam.com> wrote in message
> sql 2008 enterprise
>
> I'm getting the following message from a user that needs access to
> xp_cmdshell. I "think" I've properly created a proxy account and assigned
> it to the user, but I'm not 100% sure. Are there step-by-step directions
> for setting this up, or can someone help with this error? xp_cmdshell is
> enabled and works fine for 'sa'.
>
> Msg 15153, Level 16, State 1, Procedure xp_cmdshell, Line 1
> The xp_cmdshell proxy account information cannot be retrieved or is
> invalid. Verify that the '##xp_cmdshell_proxy_account##' credential exists
> and contains valid information.
>

> Thanks, Andre
Hi Andre

I suspect there may be several reasons why this has occured related to the
network, permissions or incorrect or a change in the account configuration

What happens if you drop it with sp_xp_cmdshell_proxy_account NULL and then
re-create it?

John

From: Andre on
That worked - it was the wrong password. It's now working great after I
removed it and recreated it - thanks for your help.

Andre