From: burgess on
SQL Server 2000.
In SQL Enterprise Manager, the properties page for the server is
blank
for the operating system, language, platform, OS memory and
processors.

The processor tab shows no processors.

If I run xp_msver get the error 'Unable to determine server language
version'.

Can anyone help? I can only find one helpful post which says
'reinstall'...?
From: TheRealRobbie on
Hi Burgess,
If you haven't already, you might want to try installing the latest(last)
service pack for SQL Server 2000.

As explained in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319455

Good luck!

From: burgess on
I went to try that, but it refused to install because it said it was
not the right language version, presumably because it could also not
determine the language!!

I gave up and went for a reinstall, and all is now well.
From: TheRealRobbie on
Sorry the tip wasn't any use to you, but glad to hear you got it working in
the end!