From: Serge on
Hi All,

I'm running one SQL Server 2000 sp4 and my problem is that the xp_sendmail
is hanging .

I tried the follow in order to solve this problem:

- xp_stopmail ('Server: Msg 17955, Level 16, State 1, Line 0 xp_stopmail:
Failed to stop SQL Mail session.)
- killing all of the processes trying to send emails (they do not die, just
sit in a KILLED/ ROLLBACK status)
- tried locating MAPISP32 process running on the server (not there)
- dbcc sqlmap70(free) (DBCC cannot free DLL 'sqlmap70.dll'. The DLL is in
use.)
- drop all xp referencing sqlmap70 and recreating (no change)
- have even tried deleting SQLMAP70.dll after making a backup (access
denied, file in use, but I can't see in open files on the server)

So any idea about this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Serge