From: Alex Schuster on
Hi there!

I am no FreeBSD user, but while searching for a solution to my problem with
xview, I see this has also been discussed on FreeBSD mailing lists [*]. A
friend IS a FreeBSD user and she just confirmed that the bug still exists
with xview-3.2.1_10 on FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p4. To test, you need a 32 bit
enviromment. Install xview-clients-3.2.1_4 and start cmdtool. You will get
this error:

Assertion failed: (ret != inval_id), function _XAllocID, file
xcb_io.c, line 378. Abort

For a simple solution that worked for me on my Gentoo Linux, see this Ubuntu
bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xview/+bug/89166

Hope this helps,

Wonko

[*] http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/freebsd-
questions(a)freebsd.org/11819001.html
http://unix.derkeiler.com/Mailing-
Lists/FreeBSD/questions/2009-03/msg01858.html