From: Ivan V. Klattrup on
Antoine wrote:

>Has anybody experienced the same issue ?

Yes, I have the same problem, I believe it started after one of the newest
updates from windows update.
WinXP SP2 DK

--
Ivan V. Klattrup
http://www.klattrup.dk
From: Demetris on
Antoine wrote:
> This seems to be experienced by all xxcopy users of the last free
> version ; some tips and workarounds are detailed in this post and the
> answers to it :

I first saw this some months ago. I could not find anything then, and,
since I used xxcopy only for one-way mirroring, I moved to Mirror, by
Dominik Jain:

* http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/

I'm very happy with it. It is fast and reliable, and completely free.

Greetings,
Demetris

From: Eric Hunt on
Ivan V. Klattrup a écrit :
> Antoine wrote:
>
>> Has anybody experienced the same issue ?
>
> Yes, I have the same problem, I believe it started after one of the
> newest updates from windows update.
> WinXP SP2 DK

That's right. There is a workaround until the next update of XXCOPY:
using a hex editor, search for the following sequence (the first only)
"0085C07E" in file XXCOPY.exe and change it to "0085C0EB" (in other
words, at address 1245 (Hex): change 7E to EB).

From: 0_Qed on
Antoine wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been the freeware version of xxcopy for nearly a year but all all of a sudden ...snip...

Google for XXCLONE , same author, freebie, good for XP.
Its' a file_by_file cloner as opposed to an imager.

Qed.
From: J.K. on
Antoine napisa?(a):
> Hi all,
>
> I have been the freeware version of xxcopy for nearly a year but all all of a sudden whenever I try
> to use it I get the following message : "Caution ! This version of xxcopy has never been tested in
> the current operating system environment [...]", I can then proceed to the copy but I simply cannot
> use xxcopy in a batch file anymore. By the way, my configuration : WinXP HE SP2 Fr. Has
> anybody experienced the same issue ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

New XXCOPY 2.93.0

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/XXCOPY.shtml

Good! No bugs!

J.K.

"Kowalskich jest wielu, wi?c nikt nie dojdzie, który jest który..."

- Juliusz Machulski - Va Bank