From: IJALAB on
I have data like this in a file. i need to draw a simple XY scatter
plot,
221 -255
196 -255
191 -255
181 -255
168 -255
159 -255
151 -255
150 -255
105 -255
I opening this file and try to use split function
Do Until EOF(TestFileNumber)
Line Input #TestFileNumber, TempStr
If TempStr = "" Then
'Do nothing
Else
ReDim Preserve Str2(Count)
Str2 = Split((TempStr), " ")
Count = Count + 1
End If

but Str2 array indexes are always 0 and 1 though count increments and
how do i draw the xyscatter chart which spans to negative axies also.

thanks
bala
From: Bob Butler on

"IJALAB" <balaji.draj(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have data like this in a file. i need to draw a simple XY scatter
> plot,
> 221 -255
> 196 -255
> 191 -255
> 181 -255
> 168 -255
> 159 -255
> 151 -255
> 150 -255
> 105 -255
> I opening this file and try to use split function
> Do Until EOF(TestFileNumber)
> Line Input #TestFileNumber, TempStr
> If TempStr = "" Then
> 'Do nothing
> Else
> ReDim Preserve Str2(Count)

Str2(Count) = Split(TempStr, " ")

> Count = Count + 1
> End If
>
> but Str2 array indexes are always 0 and 1 though count increments and
> how do i draw the xyscatter chart which spans to negative axies also.

for x=lbound(str2) to ubound(str2)
debug.print str2(x)(0);str2(x)(1)
next

From: Nobody on
"IJALAB" <balaji.draj(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have data like this in a file. i need to draw a simple XY scatter
> plot,
> 221 -255
> 196 -255
> 191 -255
> 181 -255
> 168 -255
> 159 -255
> 151 -255
> 150 -255
> 105 -255
> I opening this file and try to use split function
> Do Until EOF(TestFileNumber)
> Line Input #TestFileNumber, TempStr
> If TempStr = "" Then
> 'Do nothing
> Else
> ReDim Preserve Str2(Count)
> Str2 = Split((TempStr), " ")
> Count = Count + 1
> End If
>
> but Str2 array indexes are always 0 and 1 though count increments and
> how do i draw the xyscatter chart which spans to negative axies also.

Each time "Str2 = " line is executed, the array is erased and ReDimmed. This
is equivalent to calling "ReDim Str2(x)" without "Preserve", after all, you
are assigning to Str2, which would erase the previous content. You need to
remove "ReDim" and either process the data as it happens, or add it to
another array to process later.

From: Helmut Meukel on
"IJALAB" <balaji.draj(a)gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have data like this in a file. i need to draw a simple XY scatter
> plot,
> 221 -255
> 196 -255
> 191 -255
> 181 -255
> 168 -255
> 159 -255
> 151 -255
> 150 -255
> 105 -255
> ------<snip>-----
> how do i draw the xyscatter chart which spans to negative axies also.
>
> thanks
> bala

You can use a PictureBox, scale it and draw the axis using Line.
Or you can use a chart control. A scatter chart is one of the
chart types the MSChart control supports. Then there is the
Excel Chart you can use in a VB program or a variety of
third party controls.

Take your pick.

Helmut.