From: icystorm on
What is the procedure for changing the z-order of various lines and
bars in an Excel 2007 chart, such as drop lines, high-low lines, up/
down bars, and error bars?

I observed that when I add drop lines to an Excel 2007 chart, they
appear in front of the underlying data -- in my case, the underlying
data is displayed as a plotted area. I want the plotted area to be
fully visible with no lines over it.

I would like to send the drop lines to the back and keep the plotted
area in the front, but there is no option to do this.

So, is there a procedure for adjusting the z-order of drop lines in an
Excel 2007 chart?

Thanks kindly.

Cheers,
Joseph