From: jeff on
cannot apply this newest set of updates....

security update for 2007 microsoft office system: kb 951596
security update for microsoft office excel 2007: kb 951546
security update for microsoft office powerpoint 2007: kb 951338
update for microsoft office outlook 2007 junk email filter: kb 955433

I get "code 52c"
0000052C
WindowsUpdate_0000052C

From: jeff on
found the problem by attempting to repair office...

my 'favourites' folder in the registry pointed at a directory which no
longer existed (that i likely FORCIBLY deleted earlier on this month).

searched the registry, replaced the keys for 'favorites' with a directory
that actually exists, and installation moved forward fine.

hope someone else finds this useful

- jeff