From: HeathersBlooming on
I cannot find a way to get Works8.msi to work. It keeps saying I don't have
it but why wouldn't I when it's a brand new machine purchased 3 weeks ago?
What should I do to get the update? Help!
--
I''m too old for this!
From: TaurArian on
Error Code: 0x8024002D - means - a full-file patch failed because the source
was required

Heather, look for the Works CD/s that came with your computer. Place the CD
in the installation drive and then try the update again.

--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009

From: shadowchb on
Problem is, a lot of Dell computers don't come with Works 8 CD's from the
factory any more.

From: TaurArian on
Then I guess it's up to the users to complain to Dell as Dell is the supplier
of the OS and the software that comes pre-installed and they are the ones who
are responsbile for providing users with a way of restoring/reinstalling the
software etc

--
--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009

From: Sjoerd Zonneveld Sjoerd on
Heather,

the answer is rather simple. If you do not have Works Installed, just
'ignore' the update.

1) Navigate to the Updates page in the configuration of Windows Vista.
2) Open the available updates list.
3) Right click the Works 8 Update and select 'Hide Update' in the context
menu.

This should move the update to the list of ignored updates. I have several
languages in the ignore list myself. The never bother me at all! They're
ignored... :-)

I you do have Works installed, best try to re-install the Works application
by using the installation, probably on a compact disc.

"HeathersBlooming" wrote:

> I cannot find a way to get Works8.msi to work. It keeps saying I don't have
> it but why wouldn't I when it's a brand new machine purchased 3 weeks ago?
> What should I do to get the update? Help!
> --
> I''m too old for this!
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5