From: Max on

From: Max on

"Max" wrote:
Thanks Sam you saved me too. Problem Arises when you have upgraded Works
2004 to Works 8 by downloading from Microsoft, Works8.msi is not on your
computer.

From: Adam M Adam on
Thanks Sam it worked a treat, had same problem with me Sony Vaio
Cheers!!

From: Miillie on
Samuel, thanks for the great tip.

I downloaded the link and extracted it to a folder on my desktop.

I double-clicked on it, nothing apparently happened so I clicked again.
After about a minute, I got warning messages saying that the installation was
running more than once. I would cancel what I thought was the extra instance
of the installation, but then nothing seemed to get installed at all, not
even when I selected 'Retry' on the installation choice.

To cut a long story short, after repeating this double-clicking dead-end
many times over, finally Vista asked permission for the program to execute.
I allowed it, but again, nothing seemed to happen.

When I tried to install the original Works update, it worked.

So, thanks again for helping with this extremely frustrating problem.

From: RolandoAzcorra on
thanks samuel

the link was ultimately helpful. However, the help came in a roundabout way.

I have an acer aspire 5720z with microsoft works in spanish pre-installed.

then i download the KB955428_es-ES.cab and it works

I went back to the Windows update screen and clicked
try again and it instantly said Success
"Samuel Robinson" wrote:

> Aaron C:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=458985c3-9c6f-4049-81cd-0d0389c81f11&DisplayLang=en
>
> Click on the link above it will take you there. Then click on this code in
> the list KB955428_en-US.cab then click on download. It will say file
> download then next click on save. this will fix your computer. Pass it on to
> a friend who need help.
> 1.8 MB
>

> "HeathersBlooming" wrote:
>
> > I cannot find a way to get Works8.msi to work. It keeps saying I don't have
> > it but why wouldn't I when it's a brand new machine purchased 3 weeks ago?
> > What should I do to get the update? Help!
> > --
> > I''m too old for this!
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5