From: Samuel Robinson on
Aaron C:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=458985c3-9c6f-4049-81cd-0d0389c81f11&DisplayLang=en

Click on the link above it will take you there. Then click on this code in
the list KB955428_en-US.cab then click on download. It will say file
download then next click on save. this will fix your computer. Pass it on to
a friend who need help.
1.8 MB

From: Booda on

Thanks, You Da Man......after doing like you suggested.....update went
through without a hitch....much appreciated.

From: gallego on
Samuel:

thanks very much

the link was ultimately helpful. However, the help came in a roundabout way.

I have a Dell Inspiron 530s.

I downloaded the file and doubleclicked it

That created an .msp file. when i doubleclicked on this file, it started an
installation process which did not appear to complete. I tried this approach
several times. Same result.

However, when i went to the windows update area in the control panel and
started the update process, the process did complete, whereas the process had
not been successful, earlier.

thanks again.

From: jcpflwpb on
Your info was AWESOME, Sam!!! I'm glad I found this thread first when I
searched for a solution to my update problem! I wasn't sure it actually did
anything useful until I went back to the Windows update screen and clicked
"try again" and it instantly said "Success". YAY!!!!!!!

From: Benny Andersson Benny on
BIG Thanx ..........Your info was AWESOME, Sam

"Samuel Robinson" wrote:

> Aaron C:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=458985c3-9c6f-4049-81cd-0d0389c81f11&DisplayLang=en
>
> Click on the link above it will take you there. Then click on this code in
> the list KB955428_en-US.cab then click on download. It will say file
> download then next click on save. this will fix your computer. Pass it on to
> a friend who need help.
> 1.8 MB
>

> "HeathersBlooming" wrote:
>
> > I cannot find a way to get Works8.msi to work. It keeps saying I don't have
> > it but why wouldn't I when it's a brand new machine purchased 3 weeks ago?
> > What should I do to get the update? Help!
> > --
> > I''m too old for this!
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5