From: jzimm on
My unit went bonkers earlier this year, and a had to reformat it through
DELL. We were able to get most of the Windows updates installed, but this one
keeps showing up, and it won't install. Some of my other programs don't seem
to want to work right at this time either. Does this update have anything to
do with that? Or will I have to have a new Disk sent So I can start over. By
the way, The formating disk that came with this unit, would not refor mat. I
had to call DELL to even get this far... Is this thing DOA?
From: MowGreen on
jzimm wrote:
> My unit went bonkers earlier this year, and a had to reformat it through
> DELL. We were able to get most of the Windows updates installed, but this one
> keeps showing up, and it won't install. Some of my other programs don't seem
> to want to work right at this time either. Does this update have anything to
> do with that? Or will I have to have a new Disk sent So I can start over. By
> the way, The formating disk that came with this unit, would not refor mat. I
> had to call DELL to even get this far... Is this thing DOA?

" The .NET Framework 1.0 is an OS component on Windows XP Media Center
and Tablet PC Editions. The .NET Framework 1.1 is an OS component on
Windows Server 2003. The .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 are OS components
on Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. The .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0
and 3.5 are OS components on Windows 7. "

Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2008/03/07/8108332.aspx

Should we *assume* that the edition of Windows installed is Windows
Server 2003, if not, which edition of Windows and what Service Pack
level, please ?

When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0,
3.0, or 3.5, you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or
Windows Installer error code "1603"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100/

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY