From: David on
My PST file size has exceeded 4GB on a FAT32 harddrive. Outlook is preventing me from deleting mails as it has trouble writing to the PST file. But if it doesnt allow me to delete mails, I cannot reduce the PST file size back to below 4GB. What should I do?

thank you

dl

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
From: Brian Tillman on
David Lui <David Lui> wrote:

> My PST file size has exceeded 4GB on a FAT32 harddrive. Outlook is
> preventing me from deleting mails as it has trouble writing to the
> PST file. But if it doesnt allow me to delete mails, I cannot reduce
> the PST file size back to below 4GB. What should I do?

Can you delete them if you hold down the Shift key while pressing Delete?
The only other thing I can image that might work would be to format a second
disk as NTFS, copy the PST there, and try again.
--
Brian Tillman

From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
Or convert that disk to NTFS.

--?
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Brian Tillman asked:

From: Brian Tillman on
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] <MillyS(a)donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org>
wrote:

> Or convert that disk to NTFS.

That would also be appropriate. I though that using a second disk would
introduce fewer variables.
--
Brian Tillman

From: Milly Staples - MVP Outlook on
Yeah, I try to not have to use that conversion command but in this case, it
might be appropriate.