From: Alanaa on

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2007 on a Vista system, and Compuserve webmail.

Usually, it all works fine. Occasionally, however, and for no apparent
reason, I can receive mails on Outlook but cannot send them. I get an error
message 0x80048002, and a window repeatedly pops up asking to verify my
Compuserve password. I do this, but cannot 'break through'.

Basically, Compuserve webmail does not recognise me as a subscriber when it
comes to ougoing mails; but it has no problem recognising me on incoming
mails.

Yesterday morning - again for no apparent reason, as I changed nothing on
the computer - the problem started again. And this time it has not
'self-corrected'. It's with me again today.

Can anyone help?? It's driving me nuts.

Best regards, Alanaa
From: Peter Foldes on
Alanaa

This error is caused by your Anti Virus scanning your in and outgoing emails.Disable
the email scanning by uninstalling your Anti Virus and then re-installing it without
the email integration (scanning) option)

Also read the following

Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect