From: Tourf00 on
I had the same persistent error, and it was frustrating to see this message
"please check data and time", as obviously this was checked easily. The
problem was on the company's internet PROXY messing with certificates. I used
an alternate PROXY (you know, the one that only the IT dept knows about?)
and now it works! No re-boot!

Cheers