From: Alan on
I'm trying to do a update and this error message comes up and I can't access
the website. Can anyone help here?
From: Michael on
"Alan" <Alan(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to do a update and this error message comes up and I can't
> access
> the website. Can anyone help here?

Alan, you need to give more information. What OS/service pack? Which
update, (KB)?
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Alan on
This is happening when I go onto check for updates. It starts checking my PC
for updates and then this error comes up with the message
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
Sorry that I can't give anymore information.

From: Michael on
It is possible the website was down. Have you tried since?

From: MowGreen on
0x80090008 NTE_BAD_ALGID
Invalid algorithm specified

You receive an error message in Internet Explorer: "Internet Explorer
cannot display the webpage"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

"Page cannot be displayed" error during SSL 3.0 Server session time-out
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305217

Is the system on a business or home network ?
Is a 3rd party firewall being used instead of the native Windows firewall ?

>> Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000

>> Sorry that I can't give anymore information.

If you can't supply pertinent information it's next to impossible to
assist you, Alan. That's *if* you find you're way back to this thread.

MowGreen
================
* -343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Alan wrote:
> This is happening when I go onto check for updates. It starts checking my PC
> for updates and then this error comes up with the message
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> Sorry that I can't give anymore information.

> "Michael" wrote:
>
>> "Alan"<Alan(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm trying to do a update and this error message comes up and I can't
>>> access
>>> the website. Can anyone help here?
>>
>> Alan, you need to give more information. What OS/service pack? Which
>> update, (KB)?
>> --
>>

>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: 0x80072F8F
Next: Windows Update error: 8024402F