From: CCFTech on
When trying to update windows, I get the following error:

"0x800C0002

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. Take the following steps to try solving the problem:

Refresh the page.
In Internet Explorer, delete your Temporary Internet Files by going to the
Tools menu and clicking Internet Options.
Close and then re-open Internet Explorer."

We have a Windows 2000, we just ran the Restor CD that it came with and when
we tried to update, (first thing after restoring the computer), we received
that error.

Computer: HP d530C
Windows 2000 SP3

Thanks,
Shandi
From: MowGreen on
CCFTech wrote:
> When trying to update windows, I get the following error:
>
> "0x800C0002
>
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. Take the following steps to try solving the problem:
>
> Refresh the page.
> In Internet Explorer, delete your Temporary Internet Files by going to the
> Tools menu and clicking Internet Options.
> Close and then re-open Internet Explorer."
>
> We have a Windows 2000, we just ran the Restor CD that it came with and when
> we tried to update, (first thing after restoring the computer), we received
> that error.
>
> Computer: HP d530C
> Windows 2000 SP3
>
> Thanks,
> Shandi

>> We have a Windows 2000, we just ran the Restor CD that it came with
and when
>> we tried to update, (first thing after restoring the computer), we
received
>> that error.

1) The system's updating components are *ancient* !
2) Is Windows 2000 SP3 still supported ?

NO, it is not. Source - http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3074

You *must* apply SP4 in order to receive updates for the system. Suggest
you manually download it from the MS Download Center, Shandi -

Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 Network Install for IT Professionals
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=1001aaf1-749f-49f4-8010-297bd6ca33a0
or

Once the system's on SP4, install the latest release of the Windows
Update Agent: Information for network administrators about how to
obtain the latest Windows Update Agent
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928

MowGreen
* -343-* FDNY