From: hermann leinen on
....as the name says...
It's a double value...

Thank you very much!
Hermann
From: Frisbee� on
hermann leinen wrote:
> ...as the name says...
> It's a double value...
>
> Thank you very much!
> Hermann

Dim strValue As String

strValue = "1.0e"
strValue = "VB6"

MsgBox strValue

You're welcome.

From: MikeD on

"hermann leinen" <h.leinen(a)gmx.de> wrote in message
> ...as the name says...
> It's a double value...

How many people do you think really have any clue what you're asking!
Frisbee is probably just taking a guess. Maybe he guessed right. But for
crying out loud, if you want help, then then provide enough information so
that people CAN help.

--
Mike

From: MikeD on

"MikeD" <nobody(a)nowhere.edu> wrote in message

> "hermann leinen" <h.leinen(a)gmx.de> wrote in message
>> ...as the name says...
>> It's a double value...
>
> How many people do you think really have any clue what you're asking!
> Frisbee is probably just taking a guess. Maybe he guessed right. But for
> crying out loud, if you want help, then then provide enough information so
> that people CAN help.

Actually, I guess *I* should have read Frisbee's answer closer. He has no
clue what you mean either.

--
Mike

From: dpb on
MikeD wrote:

> "MikeD" <nobody(a)nowhere.edu> wrote in message
>>

>> "hermann leinen" <h.leinen(a)gmx.de> wrote in message
>>> ...as the name says...
>>> It's a double value...
>>
>> How many people do you think really have any clue what you're asking!
>> Frisbee is probably just taking a guess. Maybe he guessed right. But
>> for crying out loud, if you want help, then then provide enough
>> information so that people CAN help.
>

> Actually, I guess *I* should have read Frisbee's answer closer. He has
> no clue what you mean either.

Well, it's an ill-formed double number (lacking a value for the exponent).

Whether it's supposed to be 1.0e0 or 1.0e1 or something completely
different such as 1.0e-32 is indeterminate out of context.