From: Jack Reed on

I am certain that this is so simple the solution will bring great
embarrassment.

The simple routine that follows results in a "Type Mismatch" error when
the "MS ADO Ext 2.8 for DDL & Security" is selected which it must be for
other parts of the app. All I want to do is set (and likely change)
some of the grids chracteristics at run time.
The datagrid is properly connected to an adodc source and, in fact, the
grid fills properly.

dim c as column

for each c in datagrid1.columns
do something
next

From: Bob Butler on

"Jack Reed" <reedesigns(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

> I am certain that this is so simple the solution will bring great
> embarrassment.
>
> The simple routine that follows results in a "Type Mismatch" error when
> the "MS ADO Ext 2.8 for DDL & Security" is selected which it must be for
> other parts of the app. All I want to do is set (and likely change)
> some of the grids chracteristics at run time.
> The datagrid is properly connected to an adodc source and, in fact, the
> grid fills properly.
>
> dim c as column

When 2 or more libraries expose objects with the same name VB picks
whichever occurs first in the references. You can go to the references
dialog and move them around but the best solution is just to be specific:

dim c as msdatagridlib.column ' or whichever library you want

IMO it's always best to specify even if no conflict exists; it helps make
the code more self-documenting and prevents problems if you add a new
reference later that has a name conflict.

From: Jack Reed on

THANKS, Bob! That did the job. I had tried changing the reference
priorities but that just caused other problems. This works perfectly.

Pages: 1
Prev: 1.0e to VB6
Next: Creating a Lookup Table