From: Kip Warner on
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 20:11:56 +0000, Kip Warner wrote:

Correction. It seemed to be working fine, and then I ssh'd into the
server again today to find it spinning the clock again. The main thread
is caught up in wxAppBase::DeletePendingObject forever again.

Any help is appreciated.

Kip
From: Kip Warner on
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 21:29:25 +0000, Kip Warner wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 20:11:56 +0000, Kip Warner wrote:
>
> Correction. It seemed to be working fine, and then I ssh'd into the
> server again today to find it spinning the clock again. The main thread
> is caught up in wxAppBase::DeletePendingObject forever again.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Kip

It looks as though the deconstructor for ~wxSocketBase() is being invoked
twice. Once when I delete the socket after calling Close() on it, as you
advised, and then later again in the main thread via
wxAppBase::DeletePendingObject. But it just hands in the main thread in
that method forever spinning.

Kip
From: Lukasz Michalski on
Kip Warner pisze:
> On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 21:29:25 +0000, Kip Warner wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 20:11:56 +0000, Kip Warner wrote:
>>
>> Correction. It seemed to be working fine, and then I ssh'd into the
>> server again today to find it spinning the clock again. The main thread
>> is caught up in wxAppBase::DeletePendingObject forever again.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Kip
>
> It looks as though the deconstructor for ~wxSocketBase() is being invoked
> twice. Once when I delete the socket after calling Close() on it, as you
> advised, and then later again in the main thread via
> wxAppBase::DeletePendingObject. But it just hands in the main thread in
> that method forever spinning.

Which version of wx and what platform do you use?

Regards,
--
Lukasz Michalski
pgp key: http://www.zork.pl/lm.asc

From: Kip Warner on
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:41:23 +0100, Lukasz Michalski wrote:

> Kip Warner pisze:
>> On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 21:29:25 +0000, Kip Warner wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 20:11:56 +0000, Kip Warner wrote:
>>>
>>> Correction. It seemed to be working fine, and then I ssh'd into the
>>> server again today to find it spinning the clock again. The main
>>> thread is caught up in wxAppBase::DeletePendingObject forever again.
>>>
>>> Any help is appreciated.
>>>
>>> Kip
>>
>> It looks as though the deconstructor for ~wxSocketBase() is being
>> invoked twice. Once when I delete the socket after calling Close() on
>> it, as you advised, and then later again in the main thread via
>> wxAppBase::DeletePendingObject. But it just hands in the main thread in
>> that method forever spinning.
>>

> Which version of wx and what platform do you use?
>
> Regards,

libwxgtk2.8-0 off of the official Ubuntu Gutsy repository. I am using
Ubuntu Gutsy.

Kip
From: Lukasz Michalski on
Kip Warner pisze:

> libwxgtk2.8-0 off of the official Ubuntu Gutsy repository. I am using
> Ubuntu Gutsy.

I am not sure, but I think that this could be the same problem as
described below:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=309863&aid=1827812&group_id=9863

You could try my patch that fixes event related problems. For 2.8.0 you
can find it here:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1113088&group_id=9863&atid=309863

This patch was applied (after heavy refactoring) to current head and
will be available in 3.0

Regards,