From: DA Morgan on
G Quesnel wrote:
> Just a clarification.
> The PLAY instance is in good shape in 11g. All objects are valid.
> I was trying out Stream, to simulate an upgrade with virtually no down
> time
> (1. WORK instance -> stream/replication -> PLAY instance , both at 10g
> 2. suspend stream
> 3. upgrade PLAY database instance to 11g
> 4. restart stream )
> And it all looks good - the DML happening in WORK during the 11g
> upgrade was passed on to PLAY afterward.
>
> I am just curious as to what is this new DBUA0 instance.
> It probably wont be there when I reboot the server.

Probably an intermediary step created by the DBUA (DataBase Upgrade
Assistant) tool.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
From: shakespeare on

"G Quesnel" <dbaguy_ott(a)yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> Just a clarification.
> The PLAY instance is in good shape in 11g. All objects are valid.
> I was trying out Stream, to simulate an upgrade with virtually no down
> time
> (1. WORK instance -> stream/replication -> PLAY instance , both at 10g
> 2. suspend stream
> 3. upgrade PLAY database instance to 11g
> 4. restart stream )
> And it all looks good - the DML happening in WORK during the 11g
> upgrade was passed on to PLAY afterward.
>
> I am just curious as to what is this new DBUA0 instance.
> It probably wont be there when I reboot the server.

That would have been my next question.... did you reboot? I think, like DA
says, it's an intermediate instance (or either the old onel, which has been
replaced) using the same datafiles. I did an upgrade on OID once and it left
behind in a similar way an old instance which could be removed afterwards.

SLES is not a free download (though a 30 day evaluation is available), but
since it works, well.....

Shakespeare