From: olga on
Hello,
our client has 2.5 Navision Native database. They use 4.0 SP3 fin.exe to
execute it on Windows Server 2000. Now they are going to migrate their
operation system to Windows Server 2008. My question is:
Is it possible to use 2.5 Navision Native database with fin.exe 4.0 SP3
based on Windows Server 2008 operation system.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
From: itpro.va on
Hello olga,

"olga" <olga(a)discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is it possible to use 2.5 Navision Native database with fin.exe 4.0 SP3
> based on Windows Server 2008 operation system.

The database version, as you name it, i.e. the application version is
irrelevant to choosing a platform. What matters is the technical version
only, i.e. the version of the executables.

check out this blog post concerning your question:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/2008/03/05/microsoft-dynamics-nav-sql-server-2008-and-windows-server-2008.aspx

But take care, Server 2008 R2 is not supported!

see
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/german_nav_developer/archive/2010/03/05/zusammenfassung-der-betriebssysteme-die-von-microsoft-dynamics-nav-unterst-tzt-werden.aspx
(It's in German, but the most simple and useful information I could find
about NAV version/platform compatibility and the table should be
understandable even for non-German speakers.)

From: Eddie on
On 27 July, 13:01, olga <o...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> our client has 2.5 Navision Native database. They use 4.0 SP3 fin.exe to
> execute it on Windows Server 2000. Now they are going to migrate their
> operation system to Windows Server 2008.  My question is:
> Is it possible to use 2.5 Navision Native database with fin.exe 4.0 SP3
> based on Windows Server 2008 operation system.
> Looking forward to hearing from you.

Use virtualisation on your 2008 server, then you can have whatever
server OS you like in the virtual session and run whatever version of
Navision you want on it.
From: Avg on
On Jul 27, 5:01 pm, olga <o...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> our client has 2.5 Navision Native database. They use 4.0 SP3 fin.exe to
> execute it on Windows Server 2000. Now they are going to migrate their
> operation system to Windows Server 2008.  My question is:
> Is it possible to use 2.5 Navision Native database with fin.exe 4.0 SP3
> based on Windows Server 2008 operation system.
> Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Olga,

It is possible to Run 4.0 sp3 on Window Server 2008 OS.

One thing should be taken care

Microsoft launch Nav 4.0 sp3 with Build no 23305, Build No 25143 ..

Build No 23305 not supported to Window Server 2008 R2

Build No 25143 supported to Window Server 2008 R2

Kinldy revert back to me if any

Avinash