From: Johannes Berg on
On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 16:40 +0100, Alessandro Suardi wrote:

> But: what is the best option here to make CONFIG_WEXT_PRIV visible at
> kernel build time if only an external module should select it - but selection
> is not actually happening at kernel build time ?
> Could CONFIG_WEXT_PRIV be made a separate user-selectable option ?

Your only option is selecting some other (ancient) driver that selects
WEXT_PRIV. We will not make that Kconfig symbol visible just because
Broadcom decided that they want to continue screwing their users :)

IOW -- there's no such option available to you at all. Select
PCMCIA_RAYCS or whatever.

johannes
From: Johannes Berg on
On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 14:36 +0100, Alessandro Suardi wrote:

> Thanks - you clipped the part of my message where I explain that my
> "workaround" has been to select IPW2200 :)

Ah, sorry, I actually missed that completely. IPW2200 works just as
well, of course, RAYCS was just the first one I saw :)

johannes