From: Christian Kujau on
Hi there,

again a bit late in the game, I tried to upgrade one of my DomUs from
2.6.33 to 2.6.34-git (tried -rc1 yesterday, pulled again today, so I'm on
-rc2 now):

------
dom0# xm create sid.cfg -c
Using config file "/etc/xen/sid.cfg".
Started domain sid

------

Then it just "hangs" there: it won't return to the shellprompt (as if the
domU crashed) but it won't connect to the domU console either (as it does
perfectly with 2.6.33). And indeed, the domU is listed as running:

dom0# (xm list sid ; sleep 3; xm list sid) | grep ^sid
sid 55 256 1 r----- 140.8
sid 55 256 1 r----- 144.3

Also, "xm dmesg" is blank and netconsole doesn't work inside a domU, IIRC.

Hints how to debug this (besides doing git bisect, again) are very much
welcome!

Oh, the Dom0 is Ubuntu 8.04 (2.6.24-24, Xen 3.2.0) on a Mac Mini.

Thanks,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #192:

runaway cat on system.
From: Ian Campbell on
On Sat, 2010-03-20 at 01:14 -0700, Christian Kujau wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> again a bit late in the game, I tried to upgrade one of my DomUs from
> 2.6.33 to 2.6.34-git (tried -rc1 yesterday, pulled again today, so I'm on
> -rc2 now):
>
> ------
> dom0# xm create sid.cfg -c
> Using config file "/etc/xen/sid.cfg".
> Started domain sid
>
> ------
>
> Then it just "hangs" there:

Can you try this patch please, I think it will resolve the issue you
see.

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/87081/

--
Ian Campbell

You! What PLANET is this!
-- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0
From: Christian Kujau on
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 at 09:33, Ian Campbell wrote:
> Can you try this patch please, I think it will resolve the issue you
> see.
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/87081/

Wow, thanks for the swift response! And yes, it does indeed resolve the
issue, the domU is now booting again.

For the record, I've put the .config and dmesg on:
http://nerdbynature.de/bits/2.6.34-rc2/xen/

Thanks again!
Christian.
--