From: Nils Radtke on
Hi,

When resuming, the keys are capitalized but the CAPS LED is not lit. shift+key doesn't
switch. Suspend-resume does temporarily fix it. As well as switching to console and back
to X.

Cheers,

Nils

From: Valdis.Kletnieks on
On Tue, 11 May 2010 13:33:47 +0200, Nils Radtke said:
> When resuming, the keys are capitalized but the CAPS LED is not lit. shift+key doesn't
> switch. Suspend-resume does temporarily fix it. As well as switching to console and back
> to X.

For what it's worth, I'm seeing a similar thing intermittently on my laptop
running 2.6.34-rc5-mmotm0428. It will about 50% of the time boot with
caps-lock set, but hitting Shift or Caps-Lock key won't light the corresponding
light (but it *does* actually change state).

Really sucks when the first thing you need to enter is the encryption key
for the disk. Try twice, hit caps-lock, have it work. Of course, the key is
masked, so you can't tell which way it's set.

Problem resolves once the X server starts up.