From: Carlos Williams on
Does anyone happen to know if anyone is kindly dedicating their time
to creating a Postfix 2.7 RPM for download? I know this is extremely
time consuming but I am really interested to try out Postfix 2.7 on my
CentOS x64 server. I realize Simon was responsible for creating the
previous RPM's available on a mirror but I don't know if he is still
doing so. I never saw a 2.6.5-3 RPM (only 2.6.5-1) and wasn't sure if
he would continue to do so or only with major release versions.

Thanks for any info!

**PS**

Yes I am very aware anyone including myself could create a RPM from
source using the SRPM's however I attempted this in the past and
failed miserably.

-Carlos

From: ram on
On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 09:17 -0500, Carlos Williams wrote:

> Does anyone happen to know if anyone is kindly dedicating their time
> to creating a Postfix 2.7 RPM for download? I know this is extremely
> time consuming but I am really interested to try out Postfix 2.7 on my
> CentOS x64 server. I realize Simon was responsible for creating the
> previous RPM's available on a mirror but I don't know if he is still
> doing so. I never saw a 2.6.5-3 RPM (only 2.6.5-1) and wasn't sure if
> he would continue to do so or only with major release versions.
>
> Thanks for any info!
>
> **PS**
>
> Yes I am very aware anyone including myself could create a RPM from
> source using the SRPM's however I attempted this in the past and
> failed miserably.
>
> -Carlos

http://www.kutukupret.com/2010/02/08/compiling-postfix-2-7-0-as-rpm-package

I followed these steps and created a Centos 5x rpm myself
If you are interested in the rpm only you could contact me.

From: Eero Volotinen on
2010/2/22 ram <ram(a)netcore.co.in>:
> On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 09:17 -0500, Carlos Williams wrote:
>
> Does anyone happen to know if anyone is kindly dedicating their time
> to creating a Postfix 2.7 RPM for download? I know this is extremely
> time consuming but I am really interested to try out Postfix 2.7 on my
> CentOS x64 server. I realize Simon was responsible for creating the
> previous RPM's available on a mirror but I don't know if he is still
> doing so. I never saw a 2.6.5-3 RPM (only 2.6.5-1) and wasn't sure if
> he would continue to do so or only with major release versions.
>
> Thanks for any info!
>
> **PS**
>
> Yes I am very aware anyone including myself could create a RPM from
> source using the SRPM's however I attempted this in the past and
> failed miserably.
>
> -Carlos
>

> http://www.kutukupret.com/2010/02/08/compiling-postfix-2-7-0-as-rpm-package
>

> I followed these steps and created a Centos 5x rpm myself
> If you are interested in the rpm only you could contact me.

can you release the .spec / srpm file including all needed files to compile it?

--
Eero

From: ram on
On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 16:48 +0200, Eero Volotinen wrote:
> 2010/2/22 ram <ram(a)netcore.co.in>:
> > On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 09:17 -0500, Carlos Williams wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone happen to know if anyone is kindly dedicating their time
> > to creating a Postfix 2.7 RPM for download? I know this is extremely
> > time consuming but I am really interested to try out Postfix 2.7 on my
> > CentOS x64 server. I realize Simon was responsible for creating the
> > previous RPM's available on a mirror but I don't know if he is still
> > doing so. I never saw a 2.6.5-3 RPM (only 2.6.5-1) and wasn't sure if
> > he would continue to do so or only with major release versions.
> >
> > Thanks for any info!
> >
> > **PS**
> >
> > Yes I am very aware anyone including myself could create a RPM from
> > source using the SRPM's however I attempted this in the past and
> > failed miserably.
> >
> > -Carlos
> >

> > http://www.kutukupret.com/2010/02/08/compiling-postfix-2-7-0-as-rpm-package
> >

> > I followed these steps and created a Centos 5x rpm myself
> > If you are interested in the rpm only you could contact me.
>
> can you release the .spec / srpm file including all needed files to compile it?

All the files which I used for my compile are here

https://ecm.netcore.co.in/tmp/postfix-2.7.0.rpmfiles.tgz

You may want to hash-off the dotname patch which I use on my machines

Of course take care of the usual warning :-)
These are files that worked for me, there is absolutely *no guarantee*
that this work for you.

If someone can help me with a doc on creating a ".src.rpm" package I
would like to try it

Thanks
Ram

From: Eero Volotinen on
2010/2/23 ram <ram(a)netcore.co.in>:
> On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 16:48 +0200, Eero Volotinen wrote:
>> 2010/2/22 ram <ram(a)netcore.co.in>:
>> > On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 09:17 -0500, Carlos Williams wrote:
>> >
>> > Does anyone happen to know if anyone is kindly dedicating their time
>> > to creating a Postfix 2.7 RPM for download? I know this is extremely
>> > time consuming but I am really interested to try out Postfix 2.7 on my
>> > CentOS x64 server. I realize Simon was responsible for creating the
>> > previous RPM's available on a mirror but I don't know if he is still
>> > doing so. I never saw a 2.6.5-3 RPM (only 2.6.5-1) and wasn't sure if
>> > he would continue to do so or only with major release versions.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any info!
>> >
>> > **PS**
>> >
>> > Yes I am very aware anyone including myself could create a RPM from
>> > source using the SRPM's however I attempted this in the past and
>> > failed miserably.
>> >
>> > -Carlos
>> >

>> > http://www.kutukupret.com/2010/02/08/compiling-postfix-2-7-0-as-rpm-package
>> >

>> > I followed these steps and created a Centos 5x rpm myself
>> > If you are interested in the rpm only you could contact me.
>>
>> can you release the .spec / srpm file including all needed files to compile it?
>>
> All the files which I used for my compile are here
>
> https://ecm.netcore.co.in/tmp/postfix-2.7.0.rpmfiles.tgz
>
> You may want to hash-off the dotname patch which I use on my machines
>
> Of course take care of the usual warning :-)
> These are files that worked for me, there is absolutely *no guarantee*
> that this work for you.
>
> If someone can help me with a doc on  creating a  ".src.rpm" package I
> would like to try it

how about command: rpmbuild -bb myprogram.spec

--
Eero

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3