From: JD on
I just came across two, one in English and one in Dutch.

alt.windows7.general and, if you speak Dutch

alt.nl.os.windows.windows7. There are probably a good number
of natives there who can read/write in English

I subscribe to a European outfit: News.Individual.Net and
these two NGs may not be readily available in the US.

Does anyone know of other Win7 newsgroups?

I hope this helps someone.

Have a great week :-)
From: VanguardLH on
JD wrote:

> I just came across two, one in English and one in Dutch.
>
> alt.windows7.general and, if you speak Dutch alt.nl.os.windows.windows7. There are probably a good number
> of natives there who can read/write in English

Been asked several times in the [Windows] newsgroups. A Google search
would've found them:

Google web search
http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22windows+7%22+%2Bnewsgroup

Google Groups search (to see if it has already been asked and answered)
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%2B%22windows%207%22%20%2Bnewsgroup
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=%2B%22windows+7%22+%2Bnewsgroup+group%3Amicrosoft.public.windows*

And your post had what to do with freeware, the topic of this newsgroup?

> Does anyone know of other Win7 newsgroups?

Not a newsgroup but yet another possible resource (if you can stand
Microsoft's inane web-based forums):

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro

There are other web-based forums and some that leech via a gateway to
Usenet but I'm not mentioning them because I won't promote them at all.
Google works for them, too.
Hi!

If you read french, look at: http://www.ponx.org/win7

@+