From: GAK on
1. is it possible to set a default appointment time other than what is in the
drop-down list -- I would like 45 minutes

2. Is it possible to change the category of one appointment in a recurring
appointment?
From: Bob I on

GAK wrote:

> 1. is it possible to set a default appointment time other than what is in the
> drop-down list -- I would like 45 minutes

Default appointment time is based on the Time scale you select. 45
minutes isn't one of the options.

> 2. Is it possible to change the category of one appointment in a recurring
> appointment?

No. Please remember that a "recurring appointment" is only one
appointment with a pattern.

From: GAK on
> > 2. Is it possible to change the category of one appointment in a recurring
> > appointment?
>
> No. Please remember that a "recurring appointment" is only one
> appointment with a pattern.

But one can change other aspects of a single instance of a recurring
appointment. why not the category?

-----------------------
> > 1. is it possible to set a default appointment time other than what is in the
> > drop-down list -- I would like 45 minutes
> >

> Default appointment time is based on the Time scale you select. 45
> minutes isn't one of the options.

I know. I am asking if one can customize this --- perhaps in the registry?

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
> But one can change other aspects of a single instance of a recurring
> appointment. why not the category?

Because that's just the way it is.

> I know. I am asking if one can customize this --- perhaps in the registry?

No. It's hard coded - you either get the times used on the time scale or 30
min. You can type the end time as 145 (no colon, no AM/PM) to make it
easier to enter, but you will need to think about what time is 45 min later.
If appointments are at x:00 to x:45, you can type 45m in the end field. (I
haven't figured out how to make that field add 45 to the start field - you
can add in the date field.)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Bob I on

GAK wrote:

>>>2. Is it possible to change the category of one appointment in a recurring
>>>appointment?
>>
>>No. Please remember that a "recurring appointment" is only one
>>appointment with a pattern.
>

> But one can change other aspects of a single instance of a recurring
> appointment. why not the category?

No it is more like noting exceptions to the original appointment, AND
those "changes" get royally hosed if you change the original "series".