From: Viper900 on
Why is my browser telling me this is not a trusted site, it had never done
that before today.

vb question
This might be a silly question but, how do you make the labels variables
change while the program is processing something. Foe example, when you do a
search
The path changes as it searches through the directories

C:\something\else\docs\stuff.txt

In the line above the file will change as it lops through the directory,
then the diirectory will change from docs to some other directory.

I hope that makes sence
Thanks
From: Kevin Provance on
"Viper900" <Viper900(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:
: Why is my browser telling me this is not a trusted site, it had never done
: that before today.

This is Usenet. You need to take that issue up without whomever provides
your access to usenet.

: vb question
: This might be a silly question but, how do you make the labels variables
: change while the program is processing something. Foe example, when you do
: search
: The path changes as it searches through the directories
:
: C:\something\else\docs\stuff.txt
:
: In the line above the file will change as it lops through the directory,
: then the diirectory will change from docs to some other directory.

Seriously?

Label1.Caption = "whatever path you want to display goes here"

From: Norm on
Viper900 submitted this idea :
> Why is my browser telling me this is not a trusted site, it had never done
> that before today.
>
> vb question
> This might be a silly question but, how do you make the labels variables
> change while the program is processing something. Foe example, when you do a
> search
> The path changes as it searches through the directories
>
> C:\something\else\docs\stuff.txt
>
> In the line above the file will change as it lops through the directory,
> then the diirectory will change from docs to some other directory.
>
> I hope that makes sence
> Thanks

Not sure about the first question, but on the second I am not sure what
it is you want the label to show, but you just update the label.Caption

Example:

Dim i as long
For i = 0 to List1.Listcount - 1
'Do something here
frmMain.lblCount.Caption = "Files Processed = " & i
Next i

HOpe this helps.

Norm

From: Bob Butler on

"Viper900" <Viper900(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Why is my browser telling me this is not a trusted site, it had never done
> that before today.

Because your browser recognizes that MS can't be trusted? <g>

This is a newsgroup despite the attempt by MS to put a web interface in
front of it. Get a news reader and you'll have a much better experience.

> vb question
> This might be a silly question but, how do you make the labels variables
> change while the program is processing something. Foe example, when you do
> search
> The path changes as it searches through the directories
>
> C:\something\else\docs\stuff.txt
>
> In the line above the file will change as it lops through the directory,
> then the diirectory will change from docs to some other directory.

Label1.Caption = "new text"
Label1.Refresh

you can also use DoEvents but tat can allow other events to happen which may
or may not be good

From: Viper900 on

I have tried the methods you guys suggested. All that shows in the label is
the last
entry. i want to see the changed as the program iterate the loop.

thanks
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Ping Ralph