From: JT on
I now have 2003 and 2007 on my machine. When I run a macro with the
following code:

Set xlApp = New Excel.Application

2007 is the version that opens. However, the results are saved in a 2007
workbook. The report gets sent to a number of users who only have 2003. How
can I open Excel in 2003 or save the results in 2003 so the users can view
them.

Thanks for the help.....
--
JT
From: Matthew Herbert on
JT,

Save the file with a ".xls" ending. (When you do a Save As, you can change
the "Save as type:" to "Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls)"). However, if the
worksheet has any of the new XL2007 features in it, then you'll lose
functionality when going backwards in the application software. (Obviously,
you can do the Save As operation via code, i.e. lookup SaveAs in the VBE
Help. The help has good documentation and an example at the bottom of the
documentation).

Best,

Matthew Herbert