From: Geoff on
My beta version of 2007 expired and unfortunately before I converted several
files back to 2003. I downloaded some kind of converter but when I try to
open any document, I get a dialog that says that the converter failed to open
the document.

Any ideas?
From: Dave F on
I've run into this problem as well and no one seems to have a good answer.
The only thing I've come up with is to either buy Office 2007 or else find
someone else who has it installed, open the documents on that person's
computer, and save as XL 03 format.

Dave

From: David Biddulph on
Is the converter you tried the one at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101686761033.aspx ?

It may, of course, be that it will cope OK with the released 2007, but not
with the beta. [Hence all the warnings not to rely on the beta.]
--
David Biddulph

From: Geoff on
I think so. Anyway, I just downloaded a trial versoin of 2007 and am busily
making the files 2003.

Thanks!

From: Geoff on
Thanks!

"Dave F" wrote:

> I've run into this problem as well and no one seems to have a good answer.
> The only thing I've come up with is to either buy Office 2007 or else find
> someone else who has it installed, open the documents on that person's
> computer, and save as XL 03 format.
>
> Dave
> --
> A hint to posters: Specific, detailed questions are more likely to be
> answered than questions that provide no detail about your problem.
>

> "Geoff" wrote:
>
> > My beta version of 2007 expired and unfortunately before I converted several
> > files back to 2003. I downloaded some kind of converter but when I try to
> > open any document, I get a dialog that says that the converter failed to open
> > the document.
> >
> > Any ideas?

Pages: 1
Prev: .Activate vs. .Select in VBA