From: Daniel Müller on
Hello,

Setting up a virt Centos Box on Hyper-V is easy, working on the fly.
I myself try to do the same only with real machines.
One node already running with samba 4 AD alpha 12. The test adding new users
And group policies are all well and done.
My Howto in the list: HOWTO centOS 5.5 samba4 dns dynamic update
The second step will be building the second node witch ads replication on
behalf of a second centos 5.5 box.
Greetings

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
72076 Tübingen

Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
eMail: mueller(a)tropenklinik.de
Internet: www.tropenklinik.de

Hi Daniel,

Yes saw your notes on how to make DNS dynamic updates work on centos 5.5. I am in the process of trying your suggestions. One additional problem I ran into was package "python-dns" was required too... which I had to manually download.

But I don't think dynamic DNS updates are holding up my testing of making Hyper-V 2008 R2 failover clustering work with Samba 4 Active Directory. Here I am running into some issues which seems to be Samba 4 AD related and I was wondering if anybody else here in this list has tried to use Samba 4 AD with Hyper-v 2008 R2 Failover Clustering before...

-Ajay