From: Tomppa on
Hi
Windows backup for 2008 seems to be different from 2008R2.
In 2008 I cannot select which folders/files I want to backup (in R2 I can)
Is it just the GUI that is better in R2?
Can I somehow with through commands or powershell exclude a folder in 2008
backup or do I always have to backup the whole volume?

Tomppa

From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello Tomppa,

This is a change with Windows server 2008 R2. You can't exclude folders with
Windows server 2008 backup.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

From: tofors99 on
I was afraid of that. Is it not even possible to exlude folders with
commands or scripts?

Tomppa

From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello Tomppa,

None them i aware of, you have to use 3rd party backup solutions for other
functionality.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.