From: EZEQUIEL KINIGSBERG on
Hello to everyone on the list, my name is Ezequiel Kinigsberg, I'm
from Argentina and I'm studying Dipl. Sound Engineering. I've read
almost all the incredibly interesting mails from the list since I
suscribed and believe me, I've learned a lot. I'm not shure if this is
the best way (or the correct way) to promote a Congress held at my
University, but in order to be able to keep doing them and keep
learning, we need to invite as many people as we can, so here it is
(besides Argenina is a beautifull country, so if you get the chance to
travel a bit, you won't regret). Sorry for cross-posting.

1st CALL

2nd UNTREF International Congress on Acoustics

September 8 ~ 10, 2010, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

The Universidad Nacional de Tres de Febrero (UNTREF University), will
hold the 2nd International Congress on Acoustics on September 2010,
supporting the development of the new Dipl. Sound Engineering
career.

This Congress has as main objetives:

1. Promote a knowledge interchange and production to contribute to
the education of everyone interested on these scientific branches who
study sound at all its ways of generation, propagation, processing and
perception.
2. Contribute to stablish international bonds with other
Universities, Research Laboratories and Professionals of related
areas.

Scientific comitee:

Ando, Yoichi (Kobe University, Japan)
Ito, Ken (University of Tokyo, Japan)
Sato, Shin-ichi (State Key Laboratory of South China
University, China)
Soeta, Yoshiharu (National Institute of Advanced
Industrial Science and Technology - AIST, Osaka, Japan)
Muellner, Herbert (TGS, Austria)
D’orazio, Darío (Universitá di Bologna, Italia)
Ruffa, Francisco (UNTREF, Argentina)
Miyara, Federico (UNR, Argentina)
Gantuz, Miguel (UM, Argentina)
Petrosino, Jorge (UNTREF, Argentina)
Valdivia, Daniel (UNTREF, Argentina)
Masson, Florent (UNTREF, Argentina)
Kogan, Pablo (UNTREF, Argentina)
Gilabert, Amilcar (UNTREF, Argentina)
Bidondo, Alejandro (UNTREF, Argentina).

Organizing comitee:

Rector: Aníbal Jozami
Vicerrector: Martín Kaufmann
Engineering Departament Director: Pablo Fontdevila
Career Coordinator: Alejandro Bidondo
Coordinator Assistant: María Isabel Arango
International Relationships: Marta Pini
Institutional Communication: Charlie Palomo
Informatic area Coordinator: Adrián Padrón
Audiovisual Production Center (CPA): Carlos Barrientos
Student comitee: David Reguilón.

General regulations for papers presentation:

* Research papers should be delivered in the congress UNTREF’s
oficial scientific paper template.

* The abstracts should be of no more than 300 words, and delivered
before May 30th. It is recommended to be written in spanish and also
in english.

* Each autor will receive an answer about its acceptance 15 days
after delivery time; this will allow the delivery of the full paper to
the organizing comitee.

* Abstracts and full papers should be submited to:
acustica(a)untref.edu.ar .

* Papers can be written in spanish or english.

* The length of the full paper should be no more than 10 pages,
fulfilling the oficial UNTREF’s scientific paper template.

* The scientific papers will be submitted to peer review for its
approval, on the following tasks: originality, template fullfilment
and contents, existing two academic levels: professional and student.
Those approved papers will be compiled and published with
international distribution.

* All paper’s presentations will be video and audio streamed thru
the web.

* Papers will cover all aspects of acoustics including:

Environmental acoustics.

Architectural acoustics.

Signal processing.

Psichoacoustics.

Musical acoustics.

General acoustics.

Vibrations.

Musictherapy.

Temporal design of the environment.

Bioacoustics.

Medical and phisiological acoustics.

Metrological acoustics.

Recording sciencies.

Audio electronics.

Laws and standards.

General information:

Dates:

The congress will be held on September 8th, 9th y 10th,
2010.

Site:

The congress will be held at the UNTREF’s Auditorium, in
Caseros I and Caseros II buildings.

City:

Caseros city, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Address:

Valentín Gómez 4828/38, Caseros (B1678ABJ). Provincia de
Buenos Aires, República Argentina.

Contact phones:

+54-11-4759-3528/3578/3537.

Weather:

The congress dates are located at Winter station, with temperatures
varying between 8ºC and 20ºC. Very often there is a humid and rainy
weater.