From: rayjay44 on
i have been running a 80gb primary and 40gb secondary drives for one year
with no problem.yesterday i tried to open 2nd drive F i get message "disk
drive F is not formatted-do you want to format F now".i have used system
restore,updated and ran antivirus,adaware and spybot.Device manger says the
drive is there.CHKDSK utiity says it cannot find CHKDSK/F.thanks for any help
From: DL on
And what does Disk Management say about this drive?
I would run the hd makers bootable checking utility on this drive
WD uses SeaTools

From: John John - MVP on
Do not run Chkdsk if you need to salvage files on the disk! What you do
from here on might severely affect any data recovery efforts.

John

From: Stefan Patric on
On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 08:14:01 -0800, rayjay44 wrote:

> i have been running a 80gb primary and 40gb secondary drives for one
> year with no problem.yesterday i tried to open 2nd drive F i get message
> "disk drive F is not formatted-do you want to format F now".i have used
> system restore,updated and ran antivirus,adaware and spybot.Device
> manger says the drive is there.CHKDSK utiity says it cannot find
> CHKDSK/F.thanks for any help

Is the drive correctly listed in BIOS? If it is, then the problem is
probably not hardware related, but software, i.e. Windows.

I would download a repair/restore/backup LiveCD first, and try to backup
your data before trying anything else.

Stef

Pages: 1
Prev: NTVDM error?