|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Alt-F4 No Longer Closes Windows
Hi everyone, Until maybe 2 months ago I could close windows on my system with Alt- F4, with one exception -- the command prompt. If my task bar was empty, I could even bring up the Windows Security dialog and shutdown my system from there. But now Alt-F4 has no effect. I don't even remember exactly when the is... 2 Jul 2010 16:52
Glitch while updating
My daughter's computer was recently doing an update. We were at the point where the computer was rebooting and had the screen "do not turn off your computer, updating......" etc. Unfortunately, our ISP went out at that time, and the computer was left in that limbo for over 24 hours. I finally just hit the po... 2 Jul 2010 10:13
"The Logon User Interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load" error
I tried many things to fix this error (logon user interface-DLL MSGina failed to load) including checking on the internet for many hours. Nothing worked. (The computer would keep rebooting via the safe mode F8 interface)I decided then that the time had come for a reformat. I loaded a correct version of the operating s... 2 Jul 2010 04:46
Why is "Local Settings" folder NOT shown in WinExplorer ?
On one of my computers the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings IS shown in WinExplorer whereas on another it is NOT. The folder exists on both computers. I can verify it through cmdline command dir /a All settings in WinExplorer menu Tools->Folder Options->View are the same. Ye... 2 Jul 2010 15:45
Text on desktop icons has background color - not transparent
Also make sure the images are either *jpeg* or *bitmap* windows dosent handle png images very well. -- dodos57 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dodos57's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/239408.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/932... 2 Jul 2010 06:55
Hackers target Microsoft Windows XP support system
Hello All! People might find this interesting Hackers target Microsoft Windows XP support system Thursday, 1 July 2010 10:17 UK The bug affects well-established Windows XP operating system . Hi-tech criminals are "escalating" attacks on an unpatched bug in the Windows XP help and support system. http://... 1 Jul 2010 17:51
Can't resize windows manually
Today I have lost the ability to resize windows manually, every IE8, email and program windows. If I moved the mouse pointer to the corner of a window I could resize it manually. Now any window just appears maximised and if I click minimised it just reduces to the task bar until I click maximise again. If I mov... 2 Jul 2010 09:06
Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past sev... 2 Jul 2010 14:39
Task manager Processes stay running
I have a question about programs staying in the Task Manager Processes after they have been closed out. I know that I can right click and end processes manually and have as few running as possible during startup via MSCONFIG. The scenario I'm referring to is for example: I open Internet Explorer, surf ... 2 Jul 2010 15:45
windows xp boot problem
Plz help me , i installed tune up utilities ,i changed my logon screen through tune up and then rebooted my pc now when i start xp a blank screen appears plz guide me ,what to do now. -- DINESH4033 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DINESH4033's Profile: http://forums.techarena... 2 Jul 2010 10:13
Can I delete/create additional partitions on USB sticks?
mistervinnie! I love you! -- shafeeqw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shafeeqw's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/238878.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/894722.htm http://forums.techarena.in ... 30 Jun 2010 18:44
change XP to use AHCI disk mode rather than IDE
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! It did work for me but I had to do it the other way around. As I did not know exactly which driver I had to choose, here is a workaround for anybody else in that situation: - select Update Driver from Device Manager as mentioned in the first reply to this post - pi... 30 Jun 2010 16:30
sound problem
a few months ago i installed xp on my dell 2650 it stuck at 33 min but i finally got it to install but i ended up with a new problem my sound driver freezes my computer so i had to go into safe mode and disable the sound driver and the modem both are dells latest drivers i tried other drivers but get the same resul... 2 Jul 2010 05:51
HELP!!!! I installed Service Pack 3 and now Windows won't start
Hi i realise this thread is 2 years old but after scouring the internet this is exactly the problem I now have. I download SP3 and after restarting all i get is the BSoD.I cannot start in safe mode.After reading your problem i also found that by unplugging my wireless mouse and keyboard I could then get to the sta... 30 Jun 2010 10:54
lexmark X74/75 installation problem
after run this printer installation I got the message: the specified printer monitor is unknown. As a result the printer driver was not installed. I have winXP. Any solutions for this problem? Thanks! ... 29 Jun 2010 19:38
XP Home Edition Start-up
My computer will not start up normally. When I try to start up it works only until the welcome screen and restarts. I have to start in 'safe mode' and use 'start up with last settings that worked.' The only visible change after start up is that the tool bar on the bottom of the screen is white. Also, I have ... 29 Jun 2010 17:25
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11