First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Start Up Problem
I'm using XP home SP3 When I start the computer it gets to the Windows XP screen and shuts down. When I restart I get a range of options including start normally, start using last known working configuration and starting in safe mode. The first two usually cause a repeat of the problem though sometimes it starts... 23 Jun 2010 10:38
Eject (button and command) fails on both optical drives (CD & DVD)under XP. Works fine under Linux and pre XP starting
Both my drives (G: & H:) are fine and work perfectly once disks are loaded but I can no longer change disks while operating XP. I have to re-start XP and change the disks before XP starts.. They work perfectly under Linux (Mint8) although that is no longer installed and I've recently tested using the LIVE CD ... 20 Jun 2010 05:55
Paging File
I just installed an additional 2gis of ram for a total of 3gigs on an xp pro machine. I have two HDs and have the paging file on the second (non-booting) drive. I went to check the paging file and found that the "Recommended" size was 4606megs, but the "Allocated" was 3071megs. The file is set for "System Managed ... 19 Jun 2010 15:41
Does Windows store a list of installed updates?
Hi, I am going to be fitting a larger drive to my PC and am going to be taking the opportunity to do a clean install. I have the Windows XP home CD with SP2 included and I will need to know which updates to download so that I can slipstream a CD/DVD with all the necessary up-to-date drivers. Does Windows st... 19 Jun 2010 17:50
Why suddenly is British daylight saving time not being applied?
Suddenly today I noticed that my PC clock is wrong and running an hour fast and upon investigation it appears that the daylight saving time which should be being applied for my time zone, namely - (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time: Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London is not now being applied even though I changed nothi... 19 Jun 2010 15:41
Need to set extra hard return
Hi, This must be a very basic thing, but I have been asked to submit a paper with extra hard returns in Word. How do I do this? Can anyone help me out please? Thanks. Viju --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support ... 19 Jun 2010 16:46
update fails
Every time I try to install KB979906 a MS update for net framework 1.1 sp1 it gets half installed then I hear the HD growl and it fails to install. Keeps coming back as a needed update. Any thoughts? SG ... 20 Jun 2010 05:55
Annoying Window/Screen pops up after Startup.
"The computer must be restarted before updating can continue". It finishes with, "Would you like to restart now?" This started after i believe an Adobe product started an automatic update or upgrade. Now the message is always there after startup and nothing I have tried will get it to stop. I have allowed it t... 19 Jun 2010 15:41
I have same problem: Error message when I open folders with vids
*stpes to solve this problem stpes to solve this problem * 1. In the registry search for the -emzdecmp4_h263.dll- which is causing the problem in the key called *_\"HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\"_* a. if you dont know any thing about the registry then on the run prompt type the command called "-regedit-". This will open t... 18 Jun 2010 12:28
xp is slower of seven!!!!
sas ... 18 Jun 2010 20:12
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last