First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
XP connection to Win2003 servers on old NT4 domain - issues
This is more an NT4 domain question than an XP one, but perhaps some folks here still remember their NT domain days - or know of other groups where those old timers still reside: Here's the issue: I have a single network split between two buildings 3 miles apart - and connected by a T1 line (very Mickey Mouse.... 18 Jun 2010 11:21
Turn off Button does not work
The turn off button on my Start button seems to have stopped working. I can Restart or Stand By but not Turn Off. I have downloaded a little program that I was recommended to download and saved it on my desk top. This works fine just like my Turn Off button used to. How can I restore this function to my Start b... 19 Jun 2010 16:46
Can't see Networked drive
Hi, Trying to see my USB drive on the network and can't. It used to be OK and I *can* share any other local drive, just not the USB one. Sharing & Security properties all respond as usual, but under NetWork Places - MsHome - (even on my own machine) any attempt to see it brings up:- .... is not accessible. You... 18 Jun 2010 20:12
Bug Problem in Registry. TIA
I have found reference to "PereSvc" in the registry after running a "cleaner" in "safe" mode. When I attempt to delete any part of this entry it point blank refuses to go. HKEY_Local_Machine>system>Controlset001(+002+Currentcontrolset)>Enum>Root to find Legal_Peresvc. I used FixVirut & SUPERAntiSpyware. Any & all ... 20 Jun 2010 12:23
Windows cannot load profile when logging on.
I have the same problem. But when the problem occurs, I restart my computer and then my profile is loaded normally! -- kino ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kino's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/233875.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-s... 18 Jun 2010 01:34
Question about removing a KB##### item
I suspect a recent update 6/11 KB982381 to IE 8 causing an issue. I'll skip the long reason. I have installed other items after this update. So when I go to remove the KB item via Control Panel, I get a message that a list of programs might not work after I do, about 10-12 items. Is this Microsoft's disc... 18 Jun 2010 10:14
install/validate/genuine problem
Cross posted to "xp.general" as it seemed to be deleted immediately on server (or so OE says). Hardware hit from lightning so new hd and video card and start over. All goes well with install using a slipstreamed XP-Pro SP3 disk but I notice it never asks for the Product Key during install yet it Activates itse... 18 Jun 2010 14:40
Installing XP over Linux
I am trying to install Windows XP on a Dell laptop that currently has Linux Ubuntu installed. After booting up with the Windows CD in the drive, it loads various Windows files, but eventually stops on a blue screen message advising me to run CHKDSK, but won't respond after that. I suspect that Windows is seei... 28 Jun 2010 01:57
Systray icons missing.
Hello, Most of the icons have gone missing from the systray,some program icons and some system icons. The two little blue screens that show when the computer is connected to the LAN or dial-up have gone. In all the network properties they are ticked as 'show icon when connected', I have even tried removing t... 19 Jun 2010 15:41
PSP Thumbnail images wont show up in folders
Hi, I used the hp system restore, and now Ive got a few problems. When I open some of my folders with graphics, the thumbnails wont show up. I noticed they are the graphics that say "Paint Shop Pro images". Does anyone know how to make it where I can view my images once again in my folders? Claudia -- ... 16 Jun 2010 09:57