From: Charlie3110 on
The turn off button on my Start button seems to have stopped working. I can
Restart or Stand By but not Turn Off. I have downloaded a little program that
I was recommended to download and saved it on my desk top. This works fine
just like my Turn Off button used to. How can I restore this function to my
Start button? Thanks
From: dadiOH on
Charlie3110 wrote:
> The turn off button on my Start button seems to have stopped working.
> I can Restart or Stand By but not Turn Off. I have downloaded a
> little program that I was recommended to download and saved it on my
> desk top. This works fine just like my Turn Off button used to. How
> can I restore this function to my Start button? Thanks

Try...
Control panel
Power options
Advanced tab
Power buttons area

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

From: Badger on
On most computers, you have to hold the start button for at least 6 seconds.

From: Bert Hyman on
In news:OSrqEAvDLHA.3880(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl "Badger"
<jerrymcm(a)msn.com> wrote:

> On most computers, you have to hold the start button for at least 6
> seconds.

From the context of the message, I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about
the red "Turn Off" button that appears along with the yellow "Stand By"
and green "Restart" buttons in the "Turn off computer" dialog box that
pops up when you select "Turn Off Computer" from the Start button popup
menu.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com
From: kraut on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 08:20:21 -0400, "dadiOH" <dadiOH(a)invalid.com>
wrote:

>> The turn off button on my Start button seems to have stopped working.
>> I can Restart or Stand By but not Turn Off. I have downloaded a
>> little program that I was recommended to download and saved it on my
>> desk top. This works fine just like my Turn Off button used to. How
>> can I restore this function to my Start button? Thanks
>
>Try...
> Control panel
> Power options
> Advanced tab
> Power buttons area

I think the poster is talking about the Start button in the yaskbar.

A give away is the mention of Restart or Stand By. Since when does
the machine start button have a Restart or Stand By??