First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
FTP problem
I seem not to be able to access ftp sites either with a browser and it does not matter which one or with an ftp client. I get a 425 error. I was able to connect though using the ftp command line program from a command prompt. The firewall seems to be fine though I did not really think that was the problem. ... 11 Jun 2010 05:58
wierd dialog in middle of display
Xp Professional SP3 - right in the middle of the screen I have a window named 'Server Busy' telling me that "This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose "Switch to" to activate the busy program and correct the problem. None of the switches work and I cannot move the dialog out of the w... 7 Jun 2010 06:22
choosing enter with invite p�rson in XP SP3
Bacharel CiContabeis wrote: After logging in invite user, my or your soft don�t run, but it was red and don�t give acess to u pdate and Windows Defender put message monitor desktop thar he is expired, and have more and more historys, bl�-bl�-bl�, beta is depure a banana with Windows 7�s, Vistas and XP sp... 6 Jun 2010 20:35
Help! Can't boot even to safe mode. Can't re-install OS. 0xc000
On Jun 5, 4:57 pm, dlevy <dl...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi all, I'm hoping some experts are on the discussion group here because I am getting close to a dead end.  I am trying to help a friend restore his Windows XP installation.  It's a real doozie.  He has a very expensive CAD program on i... 6 Jun 2010 19:28
recycle bin deletes fils automatically after 1/2 hr
files will not remain in bin...I have tried to increase space in bin but that doesn't seem to work! Need help/suggestions....tks. in advance Al ... 6 Jun 2010 18:19
Initializing new HDD
Hi I've just connected a new replacement Internal 500gb HDD for backing up on a winXp Pro SP3 machine. I got the new hardware found message after booting up, but the HDD wasn't showing in my computer page. I then went to disk management and a wizard came up to initialize the new HDD, the first box marked "in... 8 Jun 2010 09:11
Microsoft Windows Network wont find my Workgroup and the N/W
On this Win XP Pro notebook I mostl get good networking on my home N/W with other Windows 7 and Vista machines (one of each) by opening My Computer and selecting Microsoft Windows Network followed by the name "Workgroup". All my family computers appear 90% of the time (almost instantly) and I get all the acces... 6 Jun 2010 08:21
Adding Other Boot's Computer Name to list of File Security Locations?
Hi Folks: I'm still not having luck giving my Win7/64's account access to my XP account's private folders and files on the same dual boot machine. I hoped giving both boots the same computer name and both accounts the same name might allow me to get away with it. But that hasn't worked. When I... 24 Jun 2010 03:09
Blank page XP System Restore and Network Setup Wizard
Hi all. Any help gratefully received. Apologies for the length of this message but want to try and give as much info as is reasonable. For some months I have a blank opening page on XP/Help and Support/System Restore and cannot effect a restore or create my own restore point therefore directly. However in the S... 7 Jun 2010 22:12
Mac to PC files corrupted even with update
I received several complex documents which had running tables to edit. The client uses XP 2002 for Windows, and I use Word 2004 for the Mac (System 10.5.8). When the client received my finished documents some of the tables were misaligned and some documents were corrupted. I downloaded the Microsoft update "Office... 6 Jun 2010 07:16