First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
DllRegisterServer returns 0x80020009 when trying to register a dll
teegolife;4439416 Wrote: I get this issue with clients a lot. It always turns out that they are not using xp, but vista. If it is vista (blue orb instead of green start button), the easiest way to fix it is to run the CMD.exe as Administrator. Steps: Start> Computer> Local Disk (c:)> Windows> S... 21 May 2010 11:43
how to set a assembly's properties without the use of a GUI
I want to set the Description of my .exe file (it is a .NET assembly). You know that description that is seen in Windows Task Manager process tab. Almost every running process has got one. They can be a whole sentence explaining what the process is about. I need a way of setting this description of my .exe witho... 24 May 2010 04:45
How to change PERMANENTLY environment variables from batch script?
Ok, I know. In a batch file I can change environment variables temporarily (=for the current, remaining session) be entering e.g. set CLASSPATH=D:\newpath;%CLASSPATH% However these changes are not visible outside of the current session and furthermore they are lost after a reboot. Is there a(nother) way to ... 20 May 2010 19:26
XP - Group Firewall - Can't enable FF
Hi, I am not sure why this has happened but I cannot now Enable my FF setting. It says I have them Group set. How can I release this so In can enab;e the FF? Thanks rock ... 20 May 2010 19:26
Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past sev... 22 May 2010 07:17
STOP Error 0x0000006f Session3_initialization_failed Options
Ok, after countless hours searching and sleuthing for this issue, I could not find a resolution...until now. This is my first post ever on a technical forum, so be gentle to me. I will probably never reference this form, so you if this helped you, please let me know by sending me comments to my email at: cancermage(a)ho... 12 Jun 2010 20:26
What's killing Volume Shadow Copy?
XP Pro SP3 Starting on March 23, I started seeing VSS errors in the Application Event Log, all from my Avira anti-virus nightly scans. Looking farther, I found that the VSSADMIN commainds "list shadows" and "list writers" both produced "Error: 0x8000ffff." The "standard" fix seemed to be to re-install COM+, s... 19 May 2010 17:10
Restoring a Single file/folder
I copied over a file on Windows XP Professional and was wondering if there is a way to restore that file to it's previous state. System Restore will not change it back as it says it picked nothing up to restore. Thanks ... 19 May 2010 11:35
swapping pre-installed Vista for XP
1. if not too late, before you do anything, create the restore DVD disk using Acer's utility before you attempt anything. this way you will have the option to go back to vista anytime. 2. if you insists on going back to xp, you will either a- slipstream the xp install disk with the drivers required like peo... 18 May 2010 13:41
webcam
hello i got some problem to install my webcam from canon, i got the cd and everything but when it start to install a error msgbox apare and ells me that a folder wont be find and even i creat thet folder it wont find it. it worked on my old computer just fine :S please help me and sorry for the bad english -- draga... 19 May 2010 12:42