First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Unable to access URL's from Internet Explorer
I am trying to fix a problem with a Friends Laptop. She was trying to download an Add-on to Firefox and now She can't get to most URL's except a couple she had booked marked. Something is blocking. I back off all the Controls in IE6 and dropped the Firewall. I found a copy of Sygate Personal Firewall and remove... 30 Apr 2010 16:19
Desktop not showing anything (no start button, toolbar, icons, etc.)
*-Hi, My name is Mr Akheel Ahmed. i have a trick for the people who are facing problem "Desktop not showing on startup/Sys Loads. Try This trick: Restart your system, when system load and blue screen appear open TASK MANAGER (Ctrl + Alt + Del), Now select NEW TASK option, in the text box write there EXPLORER and O... 22 May 2010 01:58
Help - Strange problem, can't click on anything
After updating my Excel spreadsheet I opened Outlook Express and read my email. When I finished, I discovered that I could not close the email window nor could I open any window - everything dead except the mouse pointed!!! Rebooted and everything works. Suggestions please. ... 29 Apr 2010 20:23
IE8 problems
It sounds like you need to repair IE, here are some trouble-shooting steps you may try: 1. Run your anti-virus and an anti-spyware, to check for malware infections. Microsoft Security Essentials is a good freeware AV from Microsoft. 2. Clear Cache. Or else run your Junk Cleaner or CCleaner. In IE 7 or 8, click Tools ... 28 Apr 2010 17:29
Media player will not play .wmv in XP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 and have windows media player 11 installed on my system. I am having trouble playing any vidoes with the .wmv file extension. upon trying to play one of these videos I window pops up says that windows media player has encountered a problem and needs to close, then media player s... 29 Apr 2010 12:25
How do I transfer Files and Settings from PC to PC via a cross over cable?
so if you have a huge file, say your video from vacation, you will not be able to take the brilliant solution suggested above. -- noknow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ noknow's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/214230.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.... 28 Apr 2010 09:29
The Windows Installer service cannot update one or more protected windows files
Ive decided to install the recovery console for XP home but whilst installing the .msi file I get an error "The Windows Installer service cannot update one or more protected windows files" The event viewer shows error 1933. I have run sfc /scannow but it has found nothing wrong, does anyone have any suggestions?... 28 Apr 2010 02:53
CDRW drive won't recognize changed disks
I'm working on a system built around an AOpen motherboard with an AMD CPU & an LG CDRW drive. It has 1.2GB RAM and WinXP Pro w/SP3. The problem is with the CDRW drive. Boot the system, put a disk in the drive and it will auto-play. Remove the first disk and put in another disk - any disk - and the drive will not... 28 Apr 2010 02:53
Job in IT
Hello, bit off topic but I hope I dont get too much abuse. I am applying for a job in IT, one of the question asked is this: What is your understanding and awareness of legislation and issues affecting IT? Can anybody give some ideas of what might be sensible to write? I am a bit stuck. Many thanks ... 28 Apr 2010 19:46
External HDD have Icons changed.
Running Windows XP Pro. I have two external hard drives, both partitioned. They have now changed the icon to a "folder" when before they had a similar icon as my internal hard drive & opened in the same way (double-click) Now I have to open them like folders ie: with Windows Explorer. All help appreciated re; ret... 27 Apr 2010 15:40